Thursday, August 11, 2011

Advice for leaving my family for 6 months to C-school?

I've done 3 deployments before, now I'm finishing 4 years of shore duty. My two kids, 5 & 3 years old, never knew me going on deployment. I'm going to NS San Diego 32nd St for a 6-month C-school. My family can't come because our house hasn't sold here in Texas, so they're staying here. So far our plans are to get another laptop for my wife, I'm taking mine with me, and we're going to get webcams so when I'm talking to the kids, they can see me too. My wife found some good advice online to get Hershey Kisses, enough for each child to have one on each day that I'm gone. We'll get a map to show them where I'm at also. On my last deployment, my son wasn't born and my daughter (now 5) turned 1 when I returned. So they've never delt with it. Any ideas or advice anybody has would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment